Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Playin' Possum!

Ok this is funny!  Brad was in and out last night and he came in and said he saw a baby possum crawl under my car, so I said Let's catch it!  He of course thought I was a total dork, I grabbed a flashlight and went and looked under my car and I saw the tail end of the little guy head toward our flower bed (otherwise known as the weed garden).  Eventually after making Brad grab a more powerful flashlight and my work gloves I caught the little guy, he really was kind of cute.  So of course I made Brad run inside and grab the camera, the little guy wasn't thrilled about the whole thing, but he didn't try to bite me or anything.  Took a couple pictures and let him go, and then he did the playing possum thing, he just slumped on the ground, after nudging him a couple times he took off.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I can't leave nature alone, if I think I can catch it without it biting me I will.  

I just wore the gloves as a safety measure, I had no idea if he would bite me or not, he didn't


After I let him go, when he just slumped over.

3 comments:

Laura said...

YOu crazy woman! Trying to get RABIES?! LOL!!

-Rachel said...

Awesome! I've done the same thing with bats... possums are cuter!
Great post!

~Casto family~ said...

That's too cool!!! And he is pretty darn cute!! What did Emer's think of him?? Or did she see him?