Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Wonderful Time




Little Emerson just had her first out of town guests, and we all had a wonderful time. My sister Jenine made it out for 2 weeks and my Aunt Punki made it out for a couple of days. Jenine was a huge help around the house, I don't think I lifted a finger the whole time. She did laundry, cleaned, did dishes, weeded my flower bed, cleaned off the patio, cleaned the driveway, took care of my plants, helped me decorate the porch for Halloween, and got my guest bedrooms ready for the next round of family and on top of that was a HUGE help with Emerson. She even watched Emerson so that Brad and I could have a "date" night for our anniversary next week. I'm sure she was ready to get home so she could have some rest. That is of course once she got "some" of her belongings in her suitcase :)


My Aunt Punki filled this house with so much joy and laughter, you can't help but enjoy being around her. She is thrilled to be Emerson's surrogate Gramma Punki, and so are we. She filled Jenine and I in on some of our Mom's funny stories, as well as some of hers about growing up. There were some tears reliving old memories, but mostly just fun and laughter.


We can't wait for both of them to come back. We already miss them.

3 comments:

Juanita said...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I really just can't help saying how pretty your little Emerson is! I just love her!

Neene said...

It sounds like I was superwomen at your place. It didn't really seem like I was all that busy, but I did want you just to be able to sit and enjoy that beautiful, delightful bundle of joy you call Emerson. I really had a great time with you and Brad. Thank you for letting me stay and at least feel like I was helping out. I already miss you all and hope to see more of you soon. Keep Emerson safe with love. Love you all so much, Love Neene

-Rachel said...

Patty,
I'm a little bit jealous that I missed this little get together, it sounds like it was great! I'm so glad Jenine and Punki were there to help you. -You have good family :)